Pages

Monday 1 March 2010

An Independent With A Sore Head

Following Cllr Assenheim being exposed last week for putting party politics ahead of his residents, this weekend, Cllr Assenheim has gone for the jugular by accusing Shoebury councillors of not caring for local children through his favourite mouthpiece Comrade Chalk's shoeburynews.com.

Last Friday, all Shoebury councillors were invited to the Creative Dance Association Festival, organised by the school sports partnership. Whilst not wishing to answer for my colleagues, my apologies were given as I had a long standing meeting in Chelmsford of the Essex Sports Delivery Group which I attend in my capacity as the borough Sports Champion.

In the afternoon sadly I had to put a shift in at work to provide for my family. Whilst I would like to be a man of leisure like Cllr Assenheim and attend every council meeting to claim the mileage or attend events for the free lunch sadly some councillors like myself also have to hold down a regular full time job.

I feel that holding a full time job as well as being councillor actually helps me in my council duties as it provides a sense of realism and a grasp of the issues that ordinary folk experience.

No comments: