Pages

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Vote Independent Party, Get Lib Dem?

My colleague Cllr Anna Waite has made an interesting observation on her blog seasidenews regarding the cosy little 'relationship' developing between the Independent Party and the Lib Dems in the run up to the elections.

Following on from Anna's observations we also had Independent Party leader Cllr Terrry saying that he will work in a coalition and Cllr Assenheim proposing Lib Dem Cllr Ric Morgan for Vice Chairman at the last Children & Lifelong Learning scrutiny.

However, a little yellow bird tells me that the relationship has taken a new twist with Independent Party councillor Ron Woodley's daughter having now joined the Lib Dems.

Hmmmm More Soon.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forget, are not independents independent, so surely its up to them what they do, and i must say I did support conservatives and so did all of my friends and family but seeing your blog makes realise you are targeting independents for their own views. So my family and friends and whoever they tell wont be voting for conservatives any more, because what we wonder is that if all conservative councillors are like you will anything ever get done, and will anything be any good again. I should also point out Verina Weaver, whoever did the "touching up" of her photo did not do a good job, i think my five year old could do better.

Tony Cox said...

That's the problem which I am highlighting the Independent's act, behave, vote, have a leader, belong to group, hold group meetings, have a website everything except register with the electoral commission.

They have no policies for the town and regularly vote with the Conservatives and then criticise The Victoria's scheme being a classic.

One thing I will say is at least have the courage to put your name to a post.