Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Village Green Event

One of my favourite weekends of the year is the weekend of the Village Green Event in Chalkwell Park. It is a fantastic day out with many arts and craft stalls and activities for the kids. This year, I was asked if I would judge the classic bike competition and I was happy to oblige.

The winner was a classic bike from the home guards in the second world war and the owner had made the extra effort by dressing up in the original uniform and even had the compulsory 1940's army haircut to match. He was a deserving.

The Cycle Southend Team also had a number of exhibitions and activities for all ages and was challenged to ride the mini assort course. Needless to say my competitive nature came rising to the surface and made sure that I completed the course. The other challenge on offer was to show the effects of driving under the infulence of alcohol but putting on special goggles and trying to dribble a golf ball around three cones with a golf club which was a real eye opener.

I want to thank all the staff, stall holders and volunteers who put in a lot of effort to make the day possible an such an enjoyable occasion for all that visited. 

No comments: