Pages

Monday 5 October 2009

Porridge at the Palace

It was difficult weekend for me and Mrs C as it was the first time that our daughter stayed at Nan and Grandad's for the weekend and the flat felt large and quiet.

Whilst the little one was away Mrs C treated me to an evening out to watch the stage production of Porridge at the Palace Theatre. I was a little worried as the last two events that I was due to see was Michael Jackson at the o2 and the 5th day of the final Ashes test - enough said!

It is sometimes the case that stage productions of films/tv shows can be a bit of a let down when you love the original. Porridge, however, was excellent and very enjoyable and Shaun Williamson (Barry from EastEnders) was fantastic as Fletcher.

As Porridge was mainly cast indoors, the transition from small screen to stage was seamless. I do feel that this could have a huge run in the West End.

No comments: