Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Weekly West Shoebury Review - Delivering on my promises edition

Since the local elections early last month, this has been the busiest week so far. Not only in the ward but also in my portfolio as well. On Tuesday I had a meeting with the Southend Taxi Driver Association. On Wednesday I had a productive meeting along with Cllr Jarvis with the Southend Jet Ski Club discussing the watersports ramp at Shoebury Common Beach and on Thursday chaired the first meeting of the Traffic & Parking Working Party.

It was also a busy week for casework in the ward. I was able to assist a resident in St Andrews Road who had an issue which needed some assistance regarding Southend Cemetary. At the beginning of the week I dealt with a query from a resident in West Road regarding the alleyway which runs behind the length of West Road. I had a walk along the alleyway yesterday and was pleased that following my intervention the alleyway has been cleared of rubbish and dog fouling. The weeds have also been reported and will be removed shortly.

Whilst I am on the issue of dog fouling, you may recall in a previous weekly review that I was looking into having a letter sent to residents in West Road, Richmond Avenue, Ness Road and St Andrews Road to remind the irresponsible dog owners of their obligations regarding dog fouling. I am please to say that these leaflets had started to be delivered along with our latest newsletter.

I also had a meeting with a resident in Lodwick regarding a local issue and with a resident in West Road who had a passport query. Upon looking at diary for next week it appears that another busy week is on the cards but I am looking forward to spending Farthers Day with my family today.

No comments: