Pages

Monday 11 June 2012

Shopping Local

I know I have made numerous posts regarding the quality of local shops and services in West Road and back in November, I posted that I believed that businesses in West Road have passion in what they do and care about the local community. In what has been a difficult couple of weeks for my family, I wanted to highlight some truly outstanding service that me and my family received from local shops and services in West Road.

Firstly, I want to highlight the care and compassion that was shown to my family by Carr's Funeral Service. They are a relatively new business in West Road which opened in October 2011. They have provided an affordable and dignified funeral for my aunt and many have commented on the little personal touches like driving on the outside lane so nobody could overtake the procession and also walking the Hurst along Stock Road into Southend Crematorium her final resting place. This shouldn't surprise anybody as all along they said that they would only provide a service that would expect for their own family.

I also want to mention Wendy the florist in West Road who provided all the flowers at exceptional quality and value. People who attended are still commenting on the handbag and shoes! Finally I want to thank the Eagle Club in Seaview Road for their hospitality in holding the wake and Kirsty at the barbers for the haircut ensuring that I looked smart on the day.

I have always valued the fact that I have local shops on my doorstep and hope that many other local residents continue to support local shops as the owners are local people, who run these local businesses and services for local residents, providing exceptional quality that will not break the bank.  

No comments: