Pages

Friday 15 January 2010

A Cast Iron Campaign Pledge

An online poll has been running on shoeburyconservatives.com for the past five months, asking local residents if they feel that there are too many takeaways in Shoeburyness.

Over 300 people responded and a massive 96% of residents polled said that there were far too many takeaways in Shoeburyness, in particular West Road and Ness Road.

Due to the high response rate, I have given a cast iron guarantee campaign pledge not to support any new takeaway planning appications for West Shoebury ward.

I believe that the public need to be clear on what I will be fighting the local elections on and nearer the time every household in West Shoebury will receive a contract between me and the residents and what I pledge to do.

If elected, it will be on these pledges that I will be asked to be judged upon. As this document is in its planning stage I am asking residents what other issues, campaigns or policy areas that they would you like me to focus my campaign on and put in my pledge contract.

No comments: