Pages

Monday 9 November 2009

Up The Abbey

Last week, Mrs C and I decided that we would watch my brother in law play football on Saturday. My brother in law is a budding young (21) goalkeeper who has broken into the Waltham Abbey first team this season.

Waltham Abbey play in the Ryman Premier which is three divisions below Coca Cola League 2 in the football pyramid.
This week Waltham Abbey were away to Canvey Island a short journey for us. Occupying one of the four relegation spots before the start of play Abbey earn't an excellent 3-2 win after being 2-0 down to move them out of the bottom four in front of a crowd of 286.

Joe, my brother in law, had a fine game making several fine saves one a point blank save from just three yards. It was the first time I had seen Joe play and I don't think his family know just how good a keeper he is.

I wouldn't question if he actually went and played league football as I believe he is that good. Looking forward though to the trip to Horsham next week.

No comments: