Pages

Monday 9 November 2009

Shoebury Remembers

This Sunday saw me on wreath laying duties at the Shoebury Cenotaph. Ever since being a councillor, I have always chosen to attend this event rather than the main council gathering in Southend.

Shoebury is a proud historic Garrison town and the history that Shoeburyness has in the armed forces will always be remembered. For as long as I am an elected councillor in Shoebury I will always fulfill my public duties at the Shoebury Cenotaph

The service was wonderfully conducted by Rev Frank Smith and fantastically organised by The Royal british Legion. I was also pleased by the large crowd and especially youngsters attended the event.

Soon, it will be left to these generations to keep the tradition of Rememberance Sunday alive as the number of ex servicemen from WW2 attending get smaller and smaller each year.

No comments: