Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Leader Announces his Cabinet

It has been well documented over the past few days that Nigel Holdcroft was re-elected as Leader of the Council as the opposition could not muster the strength to form a council despite all the opposition holding the balance on the council.

One of the functions that is the responsibility of the leader is to choose his cabinet. This morning, details of the cabinet have been released. I am delighted that I have been asked for a third consecutive year to serve in the cabinet for a town that I love. I am also delighted that my fellow ward colleague Derek Jarvis retains his position as portfolio holder for Culture & Tourism.

Whilst it is a great honour to be asked to serve in the cabinet, I remain first and foremost committed to the residents of West Shoebury.

No comments: