Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Back After The Break

I have had a few emails recently asking if I am continuining with my blog. Fear not, all the latest news, views and comment will continuite to feature, it just took a short break over the political silly season.

Although this blog took a break, my work didn't. Normally, over the school holiday period the workload eases somewhat as there are no formal scheduled Council meetings but the queries and dealing with residents concerns were particularly high this year. Here are some of the things which I had been involved with:
  • Dumped rubbish and missed waste collections
  • Highways and pavement defects
  • Overgrown weeds
  • Parking issues around Shoeburyness High School
  • The new Shoeburyness Library car park
  • The Tennis courts in the Garrison
  • Travellers at the Shoeburyness war memorial
  • Street Surgery in West Road
The two main stories over the summer locally were the shambles that the Independent Party have become on Southend Council and the Labour leadership election. I will explore these subjects in separate posts.

No comments: