Pages

Thursday 22 July 2010

No to AV Voting System

It is unlike me to wait and consider the facts but after giving the matter serious consideration I will be campaigning for a no vote in a referendum on using the Alternative Vote for future General Elections.

The reason why I gave this a lot of thought is that I think there is a lot of scope in both electoral reform. For instance, I believe that the West Lothian question needs addressing, the House of Lords should be an elected Upper Chamber, voting age should be lowered to 16 and there is argument to expriement holding elections on weekends - but the AV voting system is a retrograde step as it is not full PR and a miss mash to appease 'reformers'. I whilst I accept the First Past the Post System isn't perfect it is the best of a bad bunch.

I have received this amusing picture from a friend of mine who is staunchly opposed to AV which I thought I would share:









No comments: