Pages

Friday 26 June 2009

Sun, Sea and....Cycling

I was fortunate to be able to watch the Tour Series Cycle Race yesterday evening. As the sun shone there was no better backdrop for a professional cycle race than the sea and the cliffs.

Earlier on, I took part in the one lap councillor's race to kick off the afternoon/evening events. I am pleased to inform that council leader Nigel Holdcroft was the winner with Cllr Jonathon Garston second. Poor Jon looked a little worse for wear after his exersions but was a worthy runner-up.

Lib Dem Cllr Ric Morgan was third quite appropriate for a Lib Dem I think (only kidding Ric). I came in a respectable fourth!

Congratulations though go to Olympian Rob Hayles who won the professional race. It was incredible to watch the riders who made cycling look all so easy.

No comments: